New book?

I haven't written in such a long time and I feel really bad about that. With the Marine Corps ball, family coming to visit for over a week, and Thanksgiving, I've been swamped! I also started a new set of grad classes too, so my mind has been occupied. I finished writing my third book and I think it's my favorite one so far. It came to me in a dream and holy crap, I wrote it so fast and when I did my re-read of it, I didn't even want to change anything, which is a first for me. Normally I go back through and I revise things, add some stuff but nope, not with this one. It's perfect how it is (except for the grammar, of course).
That kind of brings me to my next topic; I slept really good last night and actually had dreams. I rarely have dreams anymore because I barely sleep (thanks, Emma!), but last night was the first night she slept really well in a few weeks so I dreamt (or is it dreamed? I always have this battle with myself, I'm sure you guys get the picture), but anyway I had a dream about a possible book that I might write. I argued with myself today while putting Emma down for her first nap, I kept asking myself "should I clean the house like I planned or try and get this dreamish book idea down?" I went with the second choice, of course. I spent her first nap writing this book and I almost got four chapters down! I'm excited and I thought since I haven't shared any writing lately, I'll give you some from this new book idea.

Also, check out my Instagram for some posts about books that I've read lately (going to post later tonight). I still read every night before bed and I need to let you all know which ones to try out!

Ps. This is a very raw and uncut version of my writing, I literally wrote it this morning and I haven't had a chance really 'look' it over. Also, this book is much different than my others. It's still Young Adult Fiction (Romance) but it's not set in this time era or reality. It's not scifi or anything but the society this girl lives in is much different than the 'normal' society.

Happy Reading!

No title yet
By S.J. Sylvis
Copyright © by S.J. Sylvis

Day in and day out I wonder if people are born evil. Are they born evil? Or do they just grow up to become evil like their parents? I’d like to think everyone has a choice but I’m not so sure. Plus, what makes you evil? Is it the evil thoughts that you conceive? Or is it the actions you preform that make you evil? I’m going to go with the latter because if evil thoughts make you evil, then I’m right there at the top. My actions show that I’m a good person, I think. I feel like I’m a good person. I do everything I can at home so that way Portia doesn’t have to do anything after work. I take care of Luna, I make us food, I clean as well as you can clean an abandon warehouse with cracked concrete floors and broken windows, I do everything I can--not that it stops her from complaining. I give Luna my extra blankets because it gets cold at night; it leaves me to sleep on the arctic, metal feeling floor that makes my back ache for days but at least she’s warm. But do all those things make me a good person? 

That's all I'm giving you guys, otherwise I'd be sharing way too much of an upcoming novel ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Future Mothers

Time Hasn't Stopped

I haven't titled this yet.