Heartbreaker

To the first boy that breaks my daughter‘s heart,


RUN. Just kidding, I’m not coming after you...even though, I want to— with some very sharp hedge clippers. What I really came here to say was, thank you. I know in  this exact moment, mothers all around the world are scrunching their faces as they read this and mumbling under their breath that I’ve lost my ever-loving mind but I haven’t. I’ve had my heart broken before. Probably everyone reading this has had their heart broken before. I’ve been lied to, cheated on(I can still remember, very  vividly, the time my best friend punched a polar pop styrofoam cup because I got a random phone call from a girl who said “your boyfriend was with me last night.” Enunciating the would “me”, of course.  Yeah, teenagers are cruel!) So, I’ve been there. I’ve felt low, ugly, and sad because of some boy. But I still want to thank them, I didn’t at the time, but I do now. Because of them, I learned how to pick myself up, I learned what I deserved in a boyfriend, husband/partner in life. I learned that I deserved respect and I demanded it in every single way. I learned that respect goes both ways, ya know.. that whole golden rule thing is actually something to live by. I understand what’s  right and what’s  wrong and looking back, those heartbreaks that I thought would inevitably destroy me, didn’t. I became stronger. I became a strong woman. I became me. And I want my daughter to know how she deserves to be treated. I want her to know which guys are jerks and which ones are gonna take their coat off and cover her hair while it’s raining. I want her to know that she deserves the best. And I want her to understand the depths of a healthy relationship. So, to the first boy that breaks my daughter’s heart and causes a -“stuff your face with ice cream while binge watching Gilmore Girls with your mom night”, thank you. Thank you for teaching my daughter how to be strong. Thank you for teaching her that not all humans are good. Thank you for being a stepping stone onto something better. Cheers to you and your heartbreaker ways. 😉 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Future Mothers

Time Hasn't Stopped

I haven't titled this yet.